Raport bieżący nr 35/2016
Podstawa Prawna: Inne uregulowania
Ivry-sur-Seine, 7 December 2016
MBWS STRENGHTENS ITS DISTRIBUTION NETWORK IN SEVERAL KEY MARKETS: UNITED STATES, CHINA, MOROCCO, UK, POLAND
Marie Brizard Wine and Spirits (Euronext: MBWS), ahead of the presentation of its strategic plan BiG 3.0 on December 12, today announced the completion of the strengthening of its distribution networks across several of its main geographies, in order to secure its growth targets.
1. In the United States, MBWS consolidates its partnership with Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits in 30 states, and across all its portfolio, with the renewal of its contract from January 1st, 2017. MBWS also sealed a partnership with Empire Merchants, to entrust it with the distribution of its brands for the state of New York.
These two agreements enhance our growth and distribution focus for the Sobieski brand in the United States, and also support our enhanced ambitions for the Group's other pillar brands.
2. In Asia, after the establishment of two offices in Japan and Hong Kong earlier this year, MBWS announced the signature of a strategic partnership with COFCO in China. COFCO, China’s largest agro-alimentary company, will import and distribute William Peel, Sobieski and Marie Brizard in the People’s Republic of China (PRC), as of December 2016. The aim for both parties is to build leading positions of the three brands in the market. This partnership confirms the relevance of MBWS’ business model, based on the ‘mainstreamization’ of the Chinese market.
In addition, the group has signed a distribution agreement with HLX for Cognac Gautier in China, Cognac’s second largest market globally, following the relaunch of the brand earlier this year.
Also linked to Asia, MBWS announces agreements in several countries, including France, for the distribution of the Japanese brand Choya, leader of the Umeshu category.
In view of these significant changes in the route-to-market, Asia becomes a full-fledged cluster.
3. In Morocco, MBWS announces the beginning of the distribution of its brands by its industrial shareholder, the Diana Holding Group, through its subsidiary Ebertec, a leader in the distribution of wines and spirits in the country. This distribution agreement is the precursor to a joint strengthening of the companies’ route-to-market on the African continent.
4. In the UK, MBWS announces the strengthening of its partnership with Conviviality PLC, the UK’s leading independent drinks distributor. Building on the success of Marie Brizard, which has become the UK’s No.1 fruit Liqueur brand in the on-trade in less than 5 years, this renewed
partnership aims to accelerate not only the growth of its eponymous brand, but also includes the Cognac Gautier and Sobieski vodka brands.
5. In Poland, as announced last week, MBWS is expanding its strategic partnership with Eurocash, the largest distributor of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) to the traditional trade. The agreement will take full effect from January 1st, 2017, and will enable the Group to strengthen the presence of its flagship brands – specifically Krupnik and William Peel - in the traditional trade, which accounts for 50% of the Polish market.
Alongside this partnership, MBWS has strengthened the distribution reach of Sobieski Trade, its wholly-owned wholesale network for the traditional trade, via an agreement with Coca-Cola HBC Polska. As part of this deal, Sobieski Trade will distribute the major brands of The Coca-Cola Company - including Coca-Cola, Fanta, Sprite, Nestea, Burn and Powerade – to Poland’s traditional trade. This partnership will expand MBWS’ distribution network in Poland, and should consequently increase the availability of its products in traditional trade outlets across the country.
These partnerships collectively confirm MBWS’ growth model, support the attainment of the company’s objectives, and reconfirm MBWS’ position in the wine and spirits industry.
The strengthening of distribution networks, in several key markets, completes the road-to-market optimization project and allows the Group to focus on the growth component of its BiG 2018 strategic plan, which will be updated on December 12, 2016.
About Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits (MBWS)
Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits produces and sells a range of wine and spirits primarily in Europe and the United States. MBWS has distinguished itself for its know-how, the range of its brands, and a long tradition and history of innovation. From the inception of Maison Marie Brizard in Bordeaux, France in the year 1755, to the launch of Fruits and Wine in 2010, Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits has successfully developed and adapted its brands to make them contemporary while respecting their origins. MBWS is committed to providing value by offering its customers bold, trustworthy, flavorful and experiential brands. The company currently has a broad portfolio of leading brands in their respective market segments, most notably William Peel scotch whisky, Sobieski vodka, Fruits & Wine flavored wine and Marie Brizard liqueurs. Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits is listed on the regulated market of Euronext Paris, Compartment B (ISIN code FR0000060873, ticker MBWS) and is included in the EnterNext© PEA-PME 150 index, among others.
Tel: +33 1 76 28 40 71
Tel: +33 1 43 91 50 18
Simon Zaks, Image Sept
Tel: +33 1 53 70 74 63
|PODPISY OSÓB REPREZENTUJĄCYCH SPÓŁKĘ|
|Data||Imię i Nazwisko||Stanowisko/Funkcja||Podpis|
|2016-12-07||Jean-Noël Reynaud||CEO Marie Brizard Wine and Spirits||Jean-Noël Reynaud|